Today, Wednesday December 29, 2021 Cinnamon Girl donates $1-A-Bun to Portland Recovery (PRCC). PRCC’s mission is to provide support, education and resources for people recovering from and affected by addiction, and to spread the message of hope throughout the state of Maine.
PRCC’s vision is that every person affected by addiction in Maine will have direct access to a local recovery community center that provides support, education, and individual resources to enhance their ability to heal, strengthen and grow in their recovery pathway, throughout all stages of their journey.
PRCC on Bishop Street in Portland provides a safe haven for people in recovery and offers a home for meetings and activities devoted to recovery from substance use disorder and other addictions. PRCC is operated by staff and volunteers who are passionate about recovery, and every activity is designed to help people with their daily recovery efforts.
The center welcomes all who are taking steps to recover.
PRCC offers peer support to individuals who use a variety of recovery pathways and we honor each person’s unique recovery journey. We know from experience that successful recovery from drugs and alcohol requires support from others.
PRCC carries hope and support to those who recover and their loved ones in a community setting. By serving as positive community members, we demonstrate that recovery works to transform lives.
The Maine Recovery Hub is made up of sixteen recovery community centers that provide recovery support in their communities. PRCC provides technical support and networking opportunities to support these recovery community centers.
- Aroostook Recovery Center of Hope
- Bangor Area Recovery Network
- Bath Recovery Community Center
- Boothbay Harbor Peer & Wellness Center
- DownEast Recovery Support Center – Calais
- DownEast Recovery Support Center – Machias
- INSPIRE Recovery Center
- Lakes Region Recovery Center
- Portland Recovery Community Center
- Roads to Recovery Community Center
- Coastal Recovery Community Center
- Larry Labonte Recovery Center
- Pir2Peer Recovery Center
- REST Center
- Save a Life Recovery Resource Center
- Your Place Recovery Center
- Augusta Recovery Reentry Center
Please visit us on Back Cove today 10am-2pm – across from Hannaford – and support this vital resource. Looking forward to seeing you!