Cinnamon Girl is donating profits to Habitat for Humanity of Greater Portland, ME, Tuesday, November 30, 2021.
Habitat for Humanity, founded 36 years ago in 1985, develops and uplifts communities and families with the construction of new homes. A non-profit business that creates settlements of new energy-efficient homes with affordable financing, Habitat for Humanity International is a multinational, housing organization with affiliates all over the world. Habitat for Humanity urges people of different ethnicity, cultures, and beliefs to work together to construct houses for families in need.
Cumberland County Maine
Since its inception the organization has constructed 91 houses in Cumberland County, Maine, and contributed over $500,000 to assist build homes for over 170 families worldwide.
Greater Portland Habitat for Humanity provides two main services.
Creation of new communities of energy-efficient houses for qualified families with affordable financing.
2. Program for Critical Home Repair
Working with homeowners/homes in need of repair for safe and architectural reasons. The Critical Home Repair (CHR) program offers complete repairs to eliminate issues and extend a home’s life span. Furthermore, it enables the homeowners to age in place in the comfort and security of their own homes.
- To raise donations to assist Habitat for Humanity of Greater Portland in constructing affordable houses in Cumberland County.
- To benefit the community by offering high-quality goods at reasonable pricing.
- Keep reusable products out of landfills to help save the earth.
The Habitat for Humanity of Greater Portland ReStore, opened in 2006, is a discount shop that offers new and lightly used construction supplies, appliances, and furnishings donated by Habitat for Humanity of Greater Portland. The ReStore is available to the public from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. The ReStore’s proceeds go toward building and repairing houses for low-income families in Greater Portland.
The benefits of shopping at ReStore
- All proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity of Greater Portland, Maine, to assist their home-building program.
- Salvaged things are reused rather than being disposed of in costly landfills.
- You may save anywhere from 50% to 90% off retail costs.
- Find one-of-a-kind items, including antiques, that aren’t accessible in shops.
Cinnamon Girl will contribute $1 for every bun sold Tuesday, November 30, 2021, to Habitat for Humanity.
We’re showcasing our new Holiday Chocolate Peppermint Bun to benefit Habitat for Humanity. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Back Cove Walking Trail (parking lot across from Hannaford). Please visit!